Thursday 5 June 2014

Occupational Hazards!

As a SAHM (Stay At Home Mummy), I have come across a few occupational hazards which should be noted.... 
  1. Staying in one's PJs until lunch time (or later) - generally not an acceptable form of dress past 9am (??), this used to happen a bit until Emily was about 6 weeks old as it was genuinely difficult to get to the shower due to feeding etc!  But now that has been rectified a bit, as she is sleeping better during the day, so usually during Nap One (pre 9am!), it's my shower time.  Item one on the daily to do list done, yay!
  2. Eating the contents of the fridge/cupboard etc - Although I knew about this before going on maternity leave, I still succumbed! And those extra few kilos of baby weight have not yet left!  Not that it's a competition or a rush to get back to pre baby weight, but it would be good to fit into those coveted jeans I love!  However, I am feeling very inspired to attack my Hip Hop Abs and Pilates DVDs again (not exactly sure when though, maybe at 3am if I'm not up feeding? Or after feeding at 3am?  Imagine it!) and get back into shape.  So I am no longer on a see-food diet, but more a less is more approach, within reason as I still need to keep up my fuel for Emily!
    1. Further to this, there is another sneaky little occupational hazard - one where whenever you meet another SAHM or go to a coffee group, there is food and drink involved!  Well only tea for me, but lots of yummy goodies on offer and it's hard to say no.  I think I have said no on only one occasion and there have been many such occasions so far.   Eek!  Definitely need a little more willpower there!
  3. Trying hard to avoid cuddles when you have a cold - this is by far the hardest of the 3 as I have a small cold at the moment, and when that gummy little smile and crinkly nose and eyes look up at you for a cuddle, your heart melts!  I am cuddling Emily but trying my best not to smother her in kisses like usual.  She must wonder who I am!
These are the sorts of challenges that I am now faced with.  Far more pleasant than the 100's of daily emails and issues I used to have to deal with at work, that is for sure!  And now, while my angel is asleep, I need tea - but no biccie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment