Friday 21 November 2014

A new routine!

I can't believe I've been back at work for 3 weeks and our new little routine is now well-established!  How time flies when you are having fun (??!!)... well, not exactly fun but it's definitely not too bad!

Emily is a little dreamboat of a baby and sooo very happy with it all, which is such a huge relief to us.  It is definitely making being back at work much less stressful than I ever imagined, and it is getting easier by the day.

We have also had 4 days where I have worked at home which have gone very well - Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Emily has done her usual - lots of playtime and entertaining herself quietly (well, not always that quietly I must say!  She is in the process of perfecting her baby screech!!), feeding and watching Baby Mozart / Baby van Gogh which she loves, and it keeps her entertained for a good half hour.  Fortunately she has been so good with her routine, sleeping for even longer than she normally would which is really helpful so I can get my work done.  She always wakes up happy and ready to play!  So cute!

Hmm let me see now... what will I learn?!
Fascinated by Baby van Gogh!



At the moment, Chris is starting and finishing work early, whereas usually he starts late and finishes late, so Emily and I are lucky enough to only worry about getting out of the door on time in the mornings (we leave home at about 6.50am!), and he is here to help with everything in the evenings - every day except Fridays when Chris works his usual hours, so we have to get ourselves sorted in the evening that day.  

It can be tough, I'm tired, Emily's tired and it's all a bit go-go-go, but we get there and she usually goes to sleep happy enough and has a good long sleep (phew!).  Next year though, Chris will be back to starting late and finishing late, so we are going to have a swap around of Emily time.  He will do the morning routine and drop her off to The One, and I'll fetch her and do the evening routine, as I'm dropping off and fetching her at the moment.  So that will be really nice to share the drop offs and pick ups with Chris. 

Well it's great to know we have 2 lovely days ahead of us, no deadlines or work, to relax and recharge, and ... it's only 4 weeks to go till break-up day and the 2 week Christmas break - yippee!!  We can do it!!

Sleep tight everyone :)


9 months old!
Playing with her Jungle Book

No comments:

Post a Comment