Sunday 28 September 2014

Time for Little Miss Sunshine!

It's that time of year - we have just entered Daylight Savings so we now get an extra hour of sunshine each day!  I am still fairly new to this concept, having come here from South Africa where it wasn't a thing, and so it still gets me every time we need to change clocks forward or backwards, and now we have to ensure Emily's body clock changes too!


I followed the Sleep Store's suggestion for Daylight Savings routines for little ones and it worked well.  I found the hardest part remembering each day leading up to Daylight Savings (well, Thursday, Friday and Saturday) what time Emily's routine had to be actually!  Plus I had to set an alarm to get up each of those mornings as everything was a little earlier than our usual timings ... a slightly foreign concept to me at the moment!! 

But it worked well and she seemed to have a good night last night, even though she was chatting from time to time in her sleep.  Usually, once she is asleep, we don't hear a peep till morning, but there was a little bit of chatter going on last night.  However, she woke just before 7am this morning and that was the main goal of the exercise!


Around lunchtime though today, when she usually has a fairly Epic Baby sleep for 1.5-2hours, she was pretty unsettled and I wondered if it was Daylight Savings catching up with her, as we have technically lost an hour?  I have certainly felt tired today!  

But I think it was her teeth!  She already has one bottom tooth, and a second bottom one is coming through now too, but I actually think it may be a top tooth too!  One of Emily's baby friends has suffered with his teeth, poor bubba, so I got a feeling of that today.  It is awful seeing your baby in pain (or thinking they are in pain) and not really knowing what to do.  I tried a little Bonjela (teething gel, tastes like toothpaste) which is meant to temporarily numb the gums and that seemed to calm her down, phew!  And after a walk and a snooze in the pram she was her usual smiley self again thank goodness.

There is something new to learn every day!

Happy little bubba! 

No comments:

Post a Comment